A getaway to Núria on its famous rack railway
Ballooning, the experience to be lived
A hot-air balloon flight over La Garrotxa followed by an overnight getaway to the Sanctuary of Núria. A spiritual trip up to 2,000 m above sea level.
At first light you will embark on an adventure that will first take you up in a hot-air balloon flight over La Garrotxa. We meet early in the morning in our installations, where you can have a coffee on us as you watch – or help! – as we prepare the hot-air balloons. The flight will last for around 1h 30 min, and once up high you can sip on a glass of local cava and try a slice of coca de llardons (a local savoury pastry). Back on solid ground, we will provide a full cooked breakfast in our restaurant – reserved for the exclusive use of those who have flown with us – consisting of bread and tomato, cold cuts, Catalan pork sausage and Santa Pau haricot beans.
After this hearty breakfast, you can then head off to Ribes de Freser to catch the ‘zip’ rack-and-pinion train – the famous ‘tren cremallera’ – up to La Vall de Núria and its wonderful natural mountain landscapes. Núria is also known as a place of pilgrimage since, at almost 2,000 m above sea level amid snow-capped peaks, it is not only a natural sanctuary but also a spiritual sanctuary for rest and contemplation.
Your evening meal will be in the Hotel Vall de Núria, where you will spend the night. After breakfast the next morning in the hotel, you can explore the sanctuary and the surrounding valleys on foot or rent a boat for a row around the lake.
After dinner, it will be time to return to Ribes de Freser on the ‘zip’ train and head off to Ripoll and its spectacular Monastery of Santa Maria. A guided visit will explain the history of this monastery, founded in 879 by Wilfred the Hairy, as well as the significance of its stunning twelfth-century façade, one of the most important Romanesque monuments in the world, and the beautiful cloisters with their sculpted capitols.
You can also stop off in Sant Joan les Abadesses to visit its Romanesque monastery.
THE EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation at the Can Menció guesthouse, the night before the flight.
- Private parking in Vol de Coloms installations.
- Coffee and pastry before the balloon ride.
- Flight between 1h. and 1h. 20 min.
- Cava and special cake during the flight.
- Hearty cooked breakfast after the landing.
- Flight diploma.
- Railway from Ribes de Fraser to Núria.
- Dinner at the Vall de Núria*** restaurant.
- Accommodation at the Vall de Núria*** Hotel.
- Breakfast at the Vall de Núria*** restaurant.
- Railway from Núria to Ribes de Fraser.
- Guided tour by Ripoll Monastery.